Sometimes, designers, artists and makers like to create freely and not follow a system.
If you're painting something for your bedroom wall then sure, go ahead. Don't stick to a process, just go with the flow!
But if you're running a business and working with clients, you need a process.
WITHOUT a clever design process in place:
- Clients become confused because they don't know what's coming up next or what their designer needs from them.
- The projects goes on much longer than the designer anticipated.
- The client gets frustrated with the designer.
- The designer becomes frustrated with his/her work and kiiiiinda wishes they were back at their day job.
- The client never works with the designer again because the whole process was exhausting and unorganized.