In this month’s masterclass we talked with my special guest, Kayla Hollatz, about how to make a lasting impression with your website copy. The words on your website have a strong influence on whether your potential clients like you, trust you and decide to work with you. Watch the masterclass to find out how you can create copy that converts!
- 4 things you should have BEFORE writing your website copy (6:50)
- Defining your purpose/why (7:18)
- Defining your core values(9:47)
- Figuring out who your ideal client is (12:35)
- Writing your mission statement (17:25)
- What you should include on your services page (21:44)
- How to include keywords in your website copy (31:25)
- Writing opt-in headers that aren’t sleazy (34:17)
- Designers: which page should your design process outline go on? (37:07)
- How to find your brand voice (45:35 )
- How to avoid being too influenced by other people’s brand voices (49:55)
- PLUS we answer lots of viewers questions on copywriting!
- Want to find out what your brand voice is? Take Kayla’s Brand Voice quiz by clicking here!
- Don’t want to write your own website copy? Hire Kayla to do it for you. You can learn all about her services here.
What is this?
Dear Designer is a monthly webinar series where a special guest and I help you improve one aspect of your design business! The live workshop is open to my entire audience, but the replays are only available to members of this club in our private online library.
The masterclass topic will be the Topic Of The Month inside The Shelancers Club. To make sure you implement what you learn from the masterclass, there will be one mini lesson + challenge per week in our Facebook group with plenty of support from me and your fellow members.
As a member of this club, you’ll get access to all replays in this series for as long as your membership is live.
You can expect a new masterclass in the library on the last day of every month!
Who is Kayla Hollatz?
Kayla is a copywriter and brand strategist from Minneapolis, Minnesota who loves nothing more than crafting brand stories with soul. Except for maybe peppermint hot chocolate... we’ll call it a tie.
She helps creative entrepreneurs make a real impact by tailoring their words to better highlight their brand story through copywriting, brand strategy, and content creation.
She’s equally passionate about educating small business owners on copywriting and brand strategy through her actionable blog content, insightful mailing list, and on-demand brand classes.
Whether you need an experienced writer to help you define your brand voice and bring it to life on your website, or a trusted partner to help you revive your social media and content marketing strategy, she’s here to support you, dig in, and get to work.