Are you excited to get started? I know I am!
On this page you'll find all the info you need for your project to run smoothly. Have a careful read through it to see how this process will work and what I'll need from you before your project begins. I'm always available by Skype or email if you need help.
Office hours: Monday - Wednesday 9am - 5pm, Friday 3pm - 5pm. UTC.
Email address: email@example.com
What's included on this page?
- Your checklist: A checklist of things I need you to complete before your project starts.
- The process: My step by step process so you know what to expect at every stage of this project.
- Project management: Instructions on how we'll use Basecamp to organize your project.
- Feedback guidelines: Tips to help you provide me with really helpful feedback on design mockups.
Here's what I need from you before your project begins...
1. Create a Pinterest board. On Pinterest, create and fill a public board with inspiration for your brand, including: a minimum of 5 logos, 5 color palettes, 5 patterns and 5 website designs. If you get stuck, feel free to pin from my design boards.
When you've filled your board, go through your pins and leave comments on your favorites stating what you like about them.
2. Fill out your Design Workbook. Click here to download your workbook. Complete the tasks within it, fill in answers to the questions, save it and upload it to Basecamp!
3. Upload your website content to Basecamp. I need you to upload your website text & images to Basecamp at least 1 week before your project starts. Please include headings and button text within the document and clearly outline where things should go.
Please note: The package you purchased includes a homepage + 4 other pages, so you only need to provide me with the content for these pages (unless you've purchased additional pages). As stated in my contract, I don't add blog post content or shop item content to your website but I do set up those pages if you want them.
1. Consult call. 1-2 weeks before your project begins, we'll hop on Skype for a 30 minute consult call. This is the perfect time to ask any last-minute questions you may have. We'll discuss and refine your homework and make sure everything is there. By the end of your session we'll both be laser clear on what we're trying to achieve together, and you can sign off knowing we're both on the same page.
2. Moodboard, color palette & logo design. I'll start the design process by creating a moodboard that summarizes your brand aesthetic. It will include your tagline, target audience, brand Buzz Words and your color palette. Using the information you provided in your homework and the inspiration on your Pinterest board, I'll show you three font ideas for your main logo. You'll choose the one you like best, and then I'll refine it and make changes over two revision rounds. When your main logo is complete, we'll move on to your brand board!
3. Brand board. Your brand board will include the other brand elements listed in your package (logo variations, sub mark, patterns and fonts etc.) You'll get to see all the elements on one board. Then you'll have two revision rounds to make changes. Click here to get a good understanding of what each brand element is for.
4. Social media branding. If social media branding is included in your package then this is the time I'd create it. I'll use your colors, logos, patterns and fonts to create a cohesive and seamless look across your social media, creating headers and profile images for your Facebook and Twitter account.
5. Website design. I'll create layout mockups for each of your website pages based on the template you chose. You'll have one revision round to request changes. After you've approved the layout of your website, I'll get started turning the mockup into your live site! You'll then have two rounds of revisions to make sure we get it looking just right.
6. Final payment. Before I hand over your final files and website, you'll need to complete your final payment. I'll then send you the link to a Dropbox folder containing your finalized brand files and I'll hand your website over. You'll also receive access to my client area where you'll find Squarespace tutorials and advice to help you maintain your website. During the month after your project ends, I'll continue to be available via email to answer any questions you may have about your brand or website.
7. Website walkthrough. Don't worry, I'm not going to leave you to figure out how to use your website all by yourself. We'll set up a 30 minute consult call where I walk you through how to use and update your Squarespace website.
8. Launch time. I believe that something as huge as a new brand and website deserves to be celebrated! I'll share your business across my social media accounts and on my blog. Then I'll join you in the excitement!
• Some of these steps may not apply. It depends on whether your package includes them.
I really appreciate simple and straightforward feedback. It helps me clearly understand your thoughts and make the right changes to your designs.
Here are a few tips on providing awesome feedback:
- Try and use bullet points to break up your feedback.
- Use headers to organize your feedback.
- Read over your feedback to make sure it's clear and check that you've answered any questions I may have asked.
- Post your feedback as a comment on the relevant Basecamp discussion instead of emailing me directly. Back and forth emails can get tiring but communicating in Basecamp is a breeze!
- If you have team members that would like to add their feedback, I kindly ask that you gather the feedback into one message. This stops everyone from getting confused and keeps the project organized.
What happens now?
After you've completed everything on your checklist, we're all set to begin your project! I'll contact you a couple of weeks before your start date to set up a 30 minute consult call where we can discuss your homework and I can answer any last-minute questions you may have.
I look forward to starting your project!