Tell me, do your client projects feel stressful and unorganized?
Do you manage your projects through chains of emails?
Does it sometimes take 20 minutes to find one piece of feedback your client sent you twenty emails ago?
It doesn't have to be this way. Your projects can run smoothly and simply, and they can be fun! But only if you start using a project management tool.
What's one of those, you say?
A project management tool/app is a safe, secure space online where you and your clients can keep all files and conversations. Inside your PM tool you can create tasks, to-do lists, deadlines, and discussions.
Just look at the screenshot below to see an example!
Before I started using a project management tool to manage all my brand & web design projects...
- Every project stressed me out.
- I always felt like I was forgetting steps of my process.
- Communication between me and my client was awful, which led to us both feeling frustrated.
After I started using a project management tool...
- I felt reassured, knowing all files, conversations and feedback were saved in one space.
- My clients and I found it really easy to communicate. Nothing got lost in transit.
- I enjoyed my projects more because they were neatly organized in my PM tool!
For two years I put off using a PM tool because I thought it would be expensive, I didn't want to add yet another expense to my monthly list, I thought a PM tool would be hard to use, and I thought my clients wouldn't want to use it.
Boy oh boy was I wrooong.
I see a lot of designers and freelancers believing in the same project management myths I did. I thought: If only they could see through the myths and experience the impact a PM tool will really have on their projects and their stress levels!
That's when I decided it was down to me to help them see.
I've created a FREE 7-day course called 'The Designers Guide To Project Management', and I'm excited to finally share it with you today!
This course will teach you:
- Why you should use a project management tool.
- How to document your step-by-step design process.
- How to use my favourite PM tool, Asana.
- How to use your PM tool to help avoid scope creep (ie. When clients keep adding more and more to their project scope but don't expect to pay for it.)
- How to use your PM tool to get your clients to hand in feedback, files and payments on time
Did I mention it's 100% free?
What if you're not a designer?
If you're not a designer but you still want to learn how to use Asana with your clients, I welcome you to join the course anyway. Any freelancer or service-based entrepreneur will benefit from using Asana (or another PM tool of their choice) with their clients!
Will you have time for this?
Some of you might be thinking "I don't have time for a 7-day course". I understand why you might think that, but this course isn't heavy duty. You'll receive a lesson a day, and each lesson is bitesized and easy to understand. I'm a fan of simple learning, so I've tried to make this as simple as possible for you.
And if you can't go through this course straight away, don't worry, you can read the lessons at a later date! Quick tip: Label the emails so you can easily access them all in one folder in your inbox.
You have a choice to make:
- Spend one week learning how to manage your projects and have simpler, more fun projects from here on!
- Or keep doing what you're doing, managing your projects through emails, and stressing out over every client.
It's up to you! Hopefully I'll see you in the course. :)